Sunday, June 23, 2013

Robin's Pancakes

Robin's pancakes. The divine simplicity of this recipe represents my dear sister to a T; cooking basic pantry staples and transforming them into something simply wonderful. This recipe is easy, to the point, and simply delicious. To all my cosmic daughters out there, this one's for you, a gift from me and Rob.


Today I sliced fresh strawberries and mixed them in a little sugar and Amaretto, added a little pure grade B maple syrup, crisp bacon, a tall glass of bubbly Pellegrino...and voila! A perfect Sunday morning in June, al fresco!


Robin's Pancakes
from the kitchen of Robin Barringer Anthony
Makes approx. 16-3" pancakes
 
1 egg
1 cup milk
2 T vegetable oil
1 T sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 T baking powder

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder, stir dry ingredients to mix.
Measure a cup of milk into a small bowl, plop the egg in there and mix with a fork until combined.
Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture, combine with a large spoon until mostly smooth.
Add the oil and mix until combined.
If the mixture is too thick, add more milk
Here is a little tip: Let the mixture sit a few minutes to give the baking powder time to process.
Drop from a ladle onto a hot griddle or frying pan. I never make my pancakes larger than 3 inches in diameter. They should be thick enough to hold their shape, but not so thick they won't cook through before they brown. Flip when you see little bubbles forming and bursting top-side. I use butter on my griddle or if I'm really being bad and want the edges of the pancakes to crisp up, I use bacon grease, or both!....it's what Robin would do! Enjoy!
With Love, Victoria









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...