So today, I feel it in the air and I am dreaming of Fall over a bowl of French Farmer's Soup. This recipe comes from Fine Cooking Magazine, November 2007, and yes, I have every issue.
French Farmer's Soup
I tweaked the recipe to accommodate veggies on hand...
- Meat (optional): bacon and a bit of the rendered fat mixed with olive oil
- Aromatics: leeks and celery - chopped
- Seasoning: Fresh thyme - chopped (1Tbl)
- Vegetables: market fresh carrots - 1/4" dice, cauliflower - 1/2"florets
- Broth: 4 Cups low salt store-bought chicken broth
- Beans: 2-15 oz. cans cannellini beans- rinsed
- To Finish: 1Tbl white-wine vinegar, chopped parsley and home-made croutons
|Such a beautiful cauliflower, I love the way the leaves curl around the florets.|
|A little saute, first the leeks and celery, then in go the aromatics for a minute, then||the veggies and broth.|
|Simmer for 20 min. add the beans. Finish with a splash of white wine vinegar, parsley and croutons|
Mmmmmm....Fall, are you feelin' it?