Sunday, December 18, 2011

Oh the Comfort of Friends

My sister Robin and I in 1979, skiing in Chambéry, France
"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort, of feeling safe with a person,  Having neither to weigh thoughts, nor measure words, But pouring them all right out just as they are, chaff and grain together, Certain that a faithful hand will take and sift and, Keep what is worth keeping , And with the breath of kindness, bless the rest away."                     ~Dinah Maira Mulock Craik~

I am missing my best girlfriend today. I would add to the quote above, "Oh, the comfort, and inexpressible joy...." My sister Robin is always in my thoughts and in my heart but this time of year she  is right in front of me. I hear her contagious laughter and her witty banter; the memories are sounds spoken in my heart. I ache for one more moment of her loving presence. What joy she brought, and her memory continues to bring, to me and all who knew her. To those who are missing loved ones this time of year I wish you Peace.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...