Saturday, June 16, 2012

In Search of a Fox for Ryker


Yes, it is crazy town in my world, with Italy just days away but I was lucky enough to snag this lovely moment on the patio to work on a sketch for cosmic daughter and fierce chick, Chelsea. She has asked her loved ones to contribute artwork towards the creation of a baby quilt for her brand new baby boy. I love this process; she will take all the originals, transfer the artwork to fabric then quilt the whole thing together into a one-of-a-kind, wonderful quilt fit for a baby named Ryder!

The subject is foxes. Note the little fox on the table. Recognize him? He is the sweet fox from Antoine De Saint-Exupéry's "The Little Prince" and he is my favorite fox in the whole world. I will render him in watercolor and pen, just as the artist did, with his "special message" on the quilt block. I know he is "stolen" from Mr. Exupéry...but no other fox has a better message for a baby boy who will become a man, "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
...will post the finished work when I return!
Cheers and love to you Chels!

Yes, that little fox is standing on my "to-do" list...Italy is calling!!!

3 comments:

Onlythemanager said...

What a cool idea!

Best wishes for a magical trip!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that everyone is so excited about this project! I am so blessed to have so many loving and creative friends. Ryker may just be the first baby to come into the world wrapped in amazing original artwork!

Maria Rose said...

Oh how perfect!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...