Monday, June 11, 2012

Italy is Eminent!

I am now on the "pre-Italy" watercolor retreat emotional roller coaster ride. It goes something like this: one day UP, calm, with a sense of confidence ("hey, I've done this before, what's the big deal?!"), next day down, "Oh my God! What if I forget how to paint!" Since this happens every year without fail, I have taken to writing myself a letter of encouragement at the end of every retreat, a little love letter of sorts, and placing it in my schedule book so I will run across it while planning the next retreat. Like the Zen tale of the master who is always startled by the daily ringing of the noon temple bell, I am always surprised. It goes like this: Trust yourself Victoria, you will remember Italian! Michael will be right again! You will remember art and how to watercolor. Ciao Bella!! Discovering it is like finding a gold doubloon. When I start to feel panicky, I pull out that piece of gold and calm my nerves. This year I am challenging myself to turn my anxiety into excitement by focusing on the lovely experience I am about to have.
Italy is Eminent!
Sketchbook sketching and watercolors at leisure!


Bella Papaveri!

Rejoicing in the progression of our students




Delicious Italian Cuisine S-L-O-W Dinners, Lazy Lunches


Watching Michael Relax


My spot...the chaise with the book....


Turkish Steam Room...calling to me


My room with a View


Studio Eccezionale!


...like coming home


Secret daybed




 
Inspiration!!



...watching Michael mugging with my mom!
 Fascinating historical and beautiful hill-top towns



....making new friends, oh the wonderful friendships!

Okay, I feel better now! How do you encourage yourself through the fear? Time to pack!

2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

One of my dreams (plans) for the future is to take these trips with you!

Victoria said...

It's our dream too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...