Thursday, November 7, 2013

Souper EASY!

Does everyone except me know about this soup? My dear friend Susan Ryan insisted I take the recipe and make this soup. I really have been a snob about it, thinking that those ingredients couldn't possibly add up to anything tasty. What a dope. This is the easiest soup you will ever make, and bonus...your husband will love it. Try it and don't wait five years.

Three Bean Soup
-Recipe by Bobbie Miles, Mount Juliet, TN
Serves 10

2  Tablespoons olive oil
1  med. onion, chopped
1  med. green bell pepper, chopped
1  med. yellow bell pepper, chopped (mine was orange)
3  14-1/2-oz. cans chicken broth. (I used 32 oz-of Better Than Bouillon) Substitute vegetable broth for and easy Vegan meal!
1  10-oz can tomatoes with green chiles - USE Rotel
2  15-oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1  15-oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (I used great Northern beans)
2  15-oz cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I used one red one white)

Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven, then add onion, and green and yellow peppers
and cook until softened.
Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes with green chiles (Rotel) and drained beans.
Cook until thoroughly heated.
Serve with piping hot cornbread! 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...