Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tax time...really?



This is me right now. Can you guess what I am doing? It's that time again and I am completely buried in the muck and mire of government overreach. You know what that means, right? I am one crabby ass right now. I know it is futile to resist but if you call me I will use you as an excuse to resist further...so, hang a sign on me...I am temporarily out of order!


Taxation with representation ain't so hot either.  ~Gerald Barzan


Did you ever notice that when you put the words "The" and "IRS" together, it spells "THEIRS?"  ~Author Unknown
 

Another difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time the legislature meets. ~Robert Quillen, "Paragraphs," Lincoln Star (Nebraska), 6 April 1931


...and finally...I am posting this one again, because it is a personal favorite and Dave Barry always manages to sing my song perfectly...

Question:  " I understand that Congress is considering a so-called 'flat' tax system.  How would this work?"  Answer:  "If Congress were to pass a 'flat' tax, you'd simply pay a fixed percentage of your income, and you wouldn't have to fill out any complicated forms, and there would be no loopholes for politically connected groups, and normal people would actually understand the tax laws, and giant talking broccoli stalks would come around and mow your lawn for free, because Congress is NOT going to pass a flat tax, you pathetic fool."  ~Dave Barry

 




 



  






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...